Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Opinions and advice...

Ok... I have done it again!
I don't seem to learn that I shouldn't ask for an opinion if I am not going to listen to what other people have to say... well, it's not that I don't listen...it is more like that I don't really take into account other people's opinions (even when I am asking for them). This is the problem! Why do I ask?... I don't know.
Last week I had to send a picture to a photographic competition (I didn't have to...but anyway, that's another story)... where was I? ah yes, I wanted to send a picture, it had to be a picture of a tree and I had narrowed it down to two to choose from (same tree). I knew which one I liked the most but instead of showing it to my friends saying: "...I am about to send this picture to a contest, do you like it? I have chosen this one over that one...", I go : "...I have these two pictures and I don't know which one to send...which one do you like best?...". So of course, everyone chooses the one that I haven't picked. I am doing the same exercise over the weekend because the picture has to be sent on Monday. I even note on a piece of paper the number of votes for each picture. The more votes that "the other picture" gets; the more people that I keep asking because I hope to get votes to the one that I like. Monday arrives and my favourite photo only has my vote and the other photo has everybody else's name underneath... so which one I send?...The one that nobody likes...
These are the two photos, I don't have to tell you which one I sent. You should know... the one that you wouldn't pick...

 


6 comments:

  1. You are such a laugh:) I'd still pick the one I did but I do see the beauty in the other!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reassurance!...ha,ha I will let you know the results of the competition.

      Delete
  2. The judges may have the same view as you - trust your judgement! They are both beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. la de la dreta és la bona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gràcies Pau (és la que he enviat la de la dreta...a veure com em va!)

      Delete