Thursday, 5 July 2012

School holidays and sleepovers

If you have been to my place, you have probably noticed that there are few tasks that never seem to get done. The vacum cleaner lives in the middle of the kitchen, there is a bag of stuff next to the main door waiting to be taken to the salvos, on the table 'lives' a laundry basket full of clothes to be put away and in the sink thare are dishes waiting to be cleaned ... (that's on a good day!)

During the school term it is a juggle to get all the things done but eventually the house gets under control, and this normally means one thing:... school holidays are about to start again...and with that I give up, and the house enters another natural chaotic phase.

The priorities during school holidays are very different to cleaning uniforms and schoolwork routine, during school holidays it is all about beach, skatepark, cinema, BBQ, sleepovers...mmm... that´s my favourite part of the holidays! ...not because Zac has a friend to have fun with, but because it is when I am reassured that Zac is normal.
I see that other kids are as disorganised as Zac, that they are also clumsy and say and do silly things, other kids also forget to brush their teeth before going to bed unless I remind them... and all these thinks are very, very reassuring!
I am normally very pleased with Zac´s manners with his friends; he loves sharing his toys and clothes... I only have to look for cues that tell me when a sleepover is coming to an end, like in this case: Zac´s handwriting on the box of rice bubbles that states that ...'Maxi can´t have rice bubbles'... time to take Maxi home I suppose...


4 comments:

  1. Cracked me up!! These boys are hilarious.... well sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! it's all good fun, eh? but glad that holidays are nearly over!!! haha

      Delete
  2. But at least I have helped to get some tasks done, like spilling my cup of tea on the floor so you have to clean up the floor! That's what's friends are for!! Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Thanks for your help...haha Come back soon we miss you here on Thursdays!!!

      Delete