Friday, 7 September 2012

My toolbox

Everybody has a toolbox, but there are 'toolboxes' and 'Toolboxes'...
My Toolbox says a lot about me... for example, that I am very organised... yes, I know that some of you may be surprised by hearing that, but it is how it is... 
You see; I have two toolboxes: one in the garden shed with all the big and unused tools that I don't know what they are used for...  and then, I have a toolbox with small and useful tools in the kitchen; the spanners, screwdrivers, measuring tape, pliers, stanley knife, a file set, tape... and all the allen keys accumulated over the years from the Ikea furniture. Anything needed to change skateboard's bearings or parts  of pushbikes, stays in the kitchen box. Here is a picture of it:

 
 
To the untrained eye, it may look as if this toolbox is complete, but it is not. There are two things missing... The one tool that can work any type of screw; flat, phillips, big, small... specially designed to work with devices that hold the batteries in toys. The smooth design adapts to worn out screws and it is also useful to force things open by wedging it in. My number one tool is the 'Ikea butterknife'. Unfortunatelly, this one stays in the cutlery draw for various reasons that I don't have time to explain right now.
 
 
There is a downside, it only sells in packs of 24 pieces. In this case, to obtain 6 fabulous knives, you also have to buy 6 forks, 6 small spoons and 6 big spoons... the big spoons are not very useful, unless you like soup a lot...
Where was I?...ah, yes. My toolbox. I was saying that there is another tool that is missing but as I am writing this I have decided that this one will migrate permanently into the toolbox from today because even if this one also belongs to the 'knive family' this particular one has never touched a piece of food and never will...because i use it to cut everything else around the house (plastic, timber...), I am not sure about the shape of the tip of the blade...but I can assure you that the serrated edge works well on all sorts of materials, this is a close up photo so you can appreciate the detail...and if you ever come across one of these...just buy it, you will thank me...


I would love to hear about your favourite knife story...since I am always looking for more to add to my toolbox...

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair of kitchen scissors that can do everything. I've pruned bushes with them, cut up a chicken, snipped herbs. Actually when I think about it, I use them most in my garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia, I think that these scissors meet the criteria for my toolbox...(ps my birthday is in a couple of weeks...) ;0)

      Delete